Covington Government Center
Covington, Ohio

Covington-Before

This project is the renovation of both the interior and exterior of the existing Village Hall. The building was originally constructed as a automobile dealership in 1929. The Village purchased the building in 1972. Very little change had been made to the internal plan to accommodate Village functions. There have been technological and procedural advancements in criminal justice that the Police Department desired to implement.

The new design reorients the building to Ullery Street and the city-owned parking lot. The project vacated Ullery Street and expanded the parking lot as to create a new urban space that will double as a public gathering space and parking lot

A new entrance feature was developed to accentuate the public entrance. A curtain wall was used to create a standard fenestration pattern and to reflect the decorative masonry design of the High Street Facade. The original entrance on the historic High Street facade was maintained and is the entrance to a new Community Room.

The interior spaces are organized around the central public space, Council Chambers. Council Chambers is an open room and accessible from three sides and is directly accessed from the new urban space to the North.

Covington-%20After